How is this for an opening line? Dang!
I must be honest, I didn’t know what to expect from such a high end offering from Recording King. While they dominate the market for bluegrass banjos in the $1000 range, I wasn’t sure how their high end American made option would stack up to the competition. I’m really excited to report that not only does it stack up, but it excels. Everything about this banjo just oozes quality and professionalism...from the look, to the feel, to the tone and playability, to the fit and finish. I guess what I’m trying to say is “you name it,” and “it’s got it.” After a brief setup I found myself refusing to put it down, and the ole lightbulb even started flickering as to how I could acquire one for myself. That’s always a good sign, haha. I have no doubt these banjos will be highly regarded as “standards” and “classics” in their own right when we look back on them someday. Includes Manufacturer Lifetime Warranty, Free Shipping, Free 5th String Spike Installation, Free Professional Setup, and a Free Hardshell Case!
- Original Recording King Peghead with Ebony Overlay
- Antiqued Aged Binding and Peghead
- Eastern Curly Neck with 2-way Adjustable Truss Rod
- Bound Rosewood Fingerboard with 27 3/8" Scale
- New Vintage Inspired Fan Style MOP Inlay Pattern
- Five Star Planetary Tuners and 5th String Peg
- Curly Maple Resonator Back & Sidewalls
- 3-ply Maple Recording King Rim
- 20-hole Bell Brass Flathead Tone Ring
- One-piece Prewar-style Pot Metal Flange
- Presto-style Tailpiece & One-piece Armrest
- 24 Notched Brass Tension Hoop
- 24 Hooks and Nuts With American Standard Threads
- Dual 1930's Style Coordinator Rods
- Maple/Ebony 5/8" Bridge
- Remo Frosted Head, 11" High Crown
- Nitrocellulose Honey Burst Finish
- Nickel-Plated Hardware
- Includes Hardshell Case
- Manufacturers Lifetime Warranty
If you've got questions, shoot us a message or give us a call at 833-BANJOBEN (833-226-5623).