If you’re looking for the “best of the best” in a new production bluegrass guitar, then this is one you want to check out.
Adirondack spruce top, Honduran Mahogany back and sides, ebony fretboard, and the top is thermocured/torrefied/baked/aged or whichever term suits you best…and hand built by master craftsmen and luthiers. This box is a lifetime quality instrument.
The Traditional Series or "T-Series” guitars represent an exciting vintage-inspired tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound, designed and crafted to showcase the most desirable characteristics present in coveted pre-war instruments. Bracing and tonewoods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.
This one is nearly in new condition (as you’d expect for it only being a few years old) and only has one noticeable little pick scratch on the top above the soundhole, from it’s life so far as a professional musicians axe! Ships free within the lower 48 and includes hardshell case and our setup. These go for nearly $7000.00 new, so this one is priced at good preowned expectation range.
- Top Adirondack spruce baked
- Back & Sides Honduran mahogany
- Construction Traditional Series Build and Voicing
- Neck Honduran mahogany
- Body Binding Tortoise with custom wood purflings
- Fingerboard Binding None
- Peghead Binding None
- Bridge Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Fingerboard Ebony with gold MOP long dots
- Fingerboard Radius 14" - 26" compound
- Bridge Pins/End Pin Tortoise-style
- Nut Bone, 1 3/4"
- Saddle Bone, cutthrough
- Peghead Profile Square
- Neck Joint Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Truss Rod Fully adjustable
- Frets Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Peghead Veneer Ebony with gold MOP Collings Logo
- Tuners Nickel Waverly (16:1 ratio)
- Backstrip 1-style (Walnut)
- Rosette Custom wood rosette
- Scale Length 25 1/2"
- Brace Material Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern Custom Traditional Series pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Pickguard Tortoise
- Neck Profile Tradition (0.815" @ 1st Fret / 1.018" @ 9th Fret)
If you've got questions, shoot us a message or give us a call at 833-BANJOBEN (833-226-5623).