Fantastic Tone! I mean, seriously good. Deep resonant lows, powerful and solid mids, and the highs have sort of that Martin sizzle to them. Plenty of power for bluegrass performance. Just a wonderful guitar, and it is a great pickup system as well!
Inspired by the iconic Yamaha "red label" guitars of the 1960s, FG Red Label guitars feature a semigloss finish and high-quality components to deliver a beautiful, vintage aesthetic. Top notch quality. It doesn’t get much better even if you throw thousands of dollars more at a more expensive brand of guitar.
A high grade custom-treated, Sitka spruce top paired with gorgeous solid mahogany back and sides deliver genuine aged-wood tone and sustain. And the bracing pattern offers louder, more balanced tone.
The original Yamaha FG modified dreadnought body delivers a full, punchy low end, well-suited for demanding bluegrass and flatpicking, and the 1960s aesthetics and modern craftsmanship culminate over 50 years of Yamaha guitar development for what is, in our opinion, among the very best of guitars Yamaha has ever produced.
Includes full pro setup, strap button installation, and free shipping within the lower 48 US.
- Spruce Bracing Provides Warm, Powerful Tone with Deep Lows and Rich Harmonics
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) Treatment Imparts the Sound and Sustain of Aged Wood
- Includes Yamaha’s state of the art pickup system
- All-Solid Construction with a Sitka Spruce Top, Mahogany Back and Sides
- Ebony Fingerboard, Bridge and Bridge Pins
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- Soft Case Included
If you've got questions, shoot us a message or give us a call at 833-BANJOBEN (833-226-5623).