One of my all time favorite mandolins. I have played more of these than I can remember throughout the years, and I can't remember being let down by a single one. The fit, finish, and quality of the wood make for a dream to play and behold. The tone is solid, woody, and deep with great clarity and projection. Being an A-style lends to a little more of an "open" tone.
This mandolin (and it's brother the KM-500) led me to my current opinion about A-styles, which is that you can buy an A-style of the same quality as a more expensive F-style for nearly half the price. More simply put, to get an F-style this good will cost you twice as much.
Professional Setup Included!
- Solid, hand-carved and graduated select German spruce top
- Solid, hand-carved select highly flamed Alpine maple back and sides
- One piece maple neck with dovetail neck
- Nitro-cellulose finish
- Radiused ebony fingerboard with modern extension over the body
- M.O.P. dot position markers
- Bound neck
- Bound peghead overlay with MOP Kentucky script and “Mountain Rose”
- Vintage style pickguard
- Vintage-style ebony bridge with small adjustment wheels
- Traditional truss rod and cover plate
- 1 1/8″ Bone nut
- Highly polished nickel silver frets
- Gold-plated tailpiece with leather insert
- High-quality, gold-plated Gotoh tuners with engraved plate
- Professional Setup Included
If you've got questions, shoot us a message or give us a call at 833-BANJOBEN (833-226-5623).